About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Belmont Shores Men's Rugby

Since my son is in track I've been taking a lot of various track action shots. Well this weekend I wanted to get out and shoot something different. Now I have shot some rugby in the past, both the men's and women's rugby team out of Belmont Shores and really wanted to get out for some more shots of the women's team in action but missed their last home game, which was a couple of weeks ago. As it turned out the men's team had a home game at Long Beach State University this last Saturday, so I got my gear together and went out for a great day in the open air shooting action.

Here are some of my favorite shots from the game.











4 comments:

Al Quackenbush said...

As a former rugger these shots are fantastic, Jim! That last shot is excellent. What lens set up were you using? I would love to meet you at one of these games sometime. It is the best sport in the world as far as I am concerned. Great stuff!

Ken said...

Wow. I have no idea how Rugby is played but its definitely exciting. Excellent Shots Jim.

Denise Marie Olson said...

Amazing Jim!! Not only was the action captured, but the emotion!!! Great display sports photography. Can't say anything more...you are definately at the top of your game!!

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks Al, you and me need to hook up and shoot some Rugby together. I'd like to hear your take on what's going on and explain the game to me.

Hey Ken, I'm really don't know much about Rugby but I do like the action and capturing it.

Thanks so much Denise.