About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, April 11, 2008

Lakewood Discus & Shotput

Another meet has come and gone. This meet was against Poly High and held at Long Beach Community College. Once again my son did an outstanding job and took first in both the shotput and discus. We only have two meets left and then it will be time for the Moore League Finals. Our next meet, which will be the last one I'll be able to attend, will be against both Cabrillo and Compton High School. Due to a two week school through my work I will miss the last meet against Millikan and the League Finals, which I'm really disappointed about. I really wanted to be there with my son while he competed.

For these shots I did a tighter crop to bring out a bit more detail in the athlete's intensity and expressions. I start with a few shots of my son.







Here are a few shots of the Varsity throwers.





1 comment:

Denise Marie Olson said...

Awesome, awesome shots, Jim!! I was just thinking of what I could concentrate on for the third softball game that I'm doing today, and facial expressions was one of them...
btw, I just love your son's hair!!! Congrats to him!!!