About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Torrance All-City Track and Field Meet

My nephew, who you will see in the following pictures had his first track meet today. He did an outstanding job as he competed in the 4x100 relay, the shotput, and the long jump. I didn't really have many action shots of him doing sports so I thought I'd go out there to get some shots. Now this meet was different then other middle school meets I've been to as they had competitors as low as kindergarten, which I thought was pretty cool.

So with that said here are some shots of my nephew. I used my 300 for all of these shots with my camera set on aperture priority at f/2.8. ISO was set to 100.








How can you not look at these following shots and go Awwwwww. This meet was for all levels and I do mean all levels. They had kids in Kindergarten out here competing, which I thought was great and of course I had to get some shots.
Now as a father of two high school kids I can really look back to the early years and picture my kids here. This is such a great age and I only wish I was into photography as much then as I am now so as to get some shots of them in action at this age. So I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I did taking them.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are so good. As a former track athlete I can really feel the emotion and the determination in each shot. Great Job!!

Taria