About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Los Angeles County Championship Track Meet

My son was invited to participate in the Los Angeles County Championship Track Meet held at Warren High School this last Saturday. He has been doing very well in both of his events (shotput & discus), winning each league meet and placing high in local invitationals. He was also expected to do well in the shotput, which at the moment is the strongest of his two events, but during this meet he switched it up on us. He did an outstanding job on the discus, placing first with a throw of 118' and 10". Even though he didn't win the shotput he did place third with a throw of 45'. I was there to support him and while I waited for his events I did manage to take some high jump shots, which were right next to the shotput pit.









This first young lady is from from the school I do a lot of sports shooting for and is on the verge of braking the school high jump record, which I'm sure she will do before the season is over.







These two high jumpers were outstanding athlete's. Watching them jump with such grace was something to see. I'm always amazed when watching athlete's like this in action.



2 comments:

Siyah_Oje said...

wow perfctt

Ken said...

Hey Jim!
My son throws shot an discus too! I have one pic of him that looks like there is a UFO in the background.

I LOVE shooting high jumpers!

Excellent work :D