About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Mustangs - White Sox #4

Here is another Mustang for you. This is the fourth parent who has hired me to capture their child in action from the Wilmington Mustangs White Sox. As the other parents, this is the third year this mother has hired me to photograph her son. I find it very rewarding when people keep coming back to me to photograph their child.

This young man started the game playing short-stop for a few innings then went on to pitch for two innings, after which he went to first base for the last inning. He moved around a lot and keep me busy trying to capture him in action in the many positions he played at.

I shoot this game in aperture priority at f/2.8 with an ISO of 200. My ISO stayed around 1/3200 on the most part.















Not that I do it all the time but occasionally a pictures stands and needs to be played with. With these two I just saw something else then your normal shot. First I did a more creative crop and then ran an action on both of them. On the last one I just converted it to b&w to finish the effect.



2 comments:

Denise M. Godfrey said...

Wow Jim - these are fantastic, as usual! I love the faces this guy makes when pitching, and I really like the effects you put on the last 2 posted.

Denise said...

Wow, these are great, Jim!