About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lakewood Track vs Wilson

Went to Lakewood's most recent meet to get some shots for their end of season banquet dvd slide show. I try to get as many of the athlete's as possible for the slide show. Today I concentrated on the long jump and high jump. I was also able to take some pole vaulting and a few track shots.

For this first set of three I wanted to try something different, so I shot these in landscape (horizontal) to give me a different crop. I was very happy with how these turned out and will add this type of shot more often.


Well as I said I concentrated on the long jump and was able to get some great action shots showing the jump and we all know what goes up will always come down. For these first few here are some good examples of kids in flight.




As I said above, "What goes must always come down."




A couple of weeks ago I took some shots of a young lady pole vaulting during the Jim Aquilla Relays. I was able to get some shots of her getting her personal best and jumping into her dad's arms afterwards. Here is a shot of her doing the high jump.

A few shots of the pole vaulters.


These last two young ladies are friends of my son. I mentioned in a prior post that this is their first year participating in track. I wanted to get some decent shots of them doing their two events, the high jump and long jump.






2 comments:

Mark said...

Excellent shots as always, Jim.

kymberli q. said...

I LOVE the landscape shots, Jim!! Just when you think your action shots can't get any better, they do!! And those sand shots are AWESOME!! Great images!!