About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, February 8, 2008

Middle School Boys Basketball "Hughes vs Hoover"

Well, this looks like it might be my last paid job with Hughes Middle School. As with most schools, money is tight and I'm fortunate enough to have worked with them for as long as I have. I will continue to shoot the middle school championship games and all their track meets.

This was hughes second basketball game of the season and I could only stay for the first three quarters. They were winning when I left but don't know what the final score was.

All pictures were shot with my camera on manual at f/2.8, ISO 3200, shutter of 1/400, with my flash bounced off the ceiling.





2 comments:

Sindee said...

Hi Jim, your work always amazes and inspires me. I was just on Photodex watching your last soccer slideshow and I was wondering how you made first picture of the coach look like a cartoon. If you care to share the information you can email me at WillSin865@yahoo.com. Thanks for sharing,
Sindee

Jim, "Homer" said...

Hi sindee and thanks for coming by and taking a look. For the first picture in the soccer slideshow I used LucasArts to achive that effect. I never mind sharing and will send you an email with a bit more detail.