About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Friday Night Lights - Varsity vs La Costa Canyon

Last year I was able to photograph about 5 of the varsity games and this year I hope to photograph all of them, which is 14 games.


As a sports photographer I'd like to think that I have a great eye for the action and know what to look for to get a nice shot, but there is always room to grow and learn more. Now this last Friday was our Jr. Varsity and Varsity games, which were back-to-back. The JV played at 5pm and the Varsity played at 7:30 pm. I will be posting some shots from the varsity game first.


This was my first night game since football last year and I really need to get things such as lighting worked out. For the first game I choise not to use the flash. I ended up shooting at aperture priorty at f/2.8 with an ISO of 1600 and afte looking at the pictures the noise wasn't that bad. For the next night game I plan on trying the flash and hopefully by mid-season the latest I will have all worked out.



No comments: