About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, October 8, 2007

Youth Soccer

On Saturday I shoot a few games of soccer, ages 11 to 16. So far I've been using my 300 f/2.8 straight but am thinking I need to add my 1.4 converter to the mix. With soccer the fields are huge compared to football and the action moves back and forth rather quickly. Not being able to follow the action by moving up and down the sidelines I'll attach the converter to give me some added range. Here are various shots from the games I shot.

This first shot is from the U11 team.







This second image is from the U13 team.




These next two a from a U15 team. I've been shooting for a local middle school for three years now and have had the opportunity to photograph this goalie in action over three years. She is an outstanding player and won't hesitate to sacafice herself to stop a goal.




These last shots were from an U16 team.



2 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

The 300's not enough reach?! Wow! Can't wait to see some with the teleconverter. I've been thinking about getting one of them. Which one do you use?

Jim, "Homer" said...

I use and really like the 1.4 converter. It gives me a little more range and only raises my f-stop to f/4.0 with the 2.8 lenses.