About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Youth Soccer - Last games

I've finally finished shooting the last two teams for the soccer league I was asked to shoot. I had two teams to finish, one was on Saturday and the other was Sunday, both at 9am. The game on Sunday was under a bright cloudless sky, but Saturday was a different story. Not only was it cloudy and overcast but it was raining.

Shooting in the rain doesn't bother me at all. I have an old water proof bush hat that I just threw over the camera and most of the lens to cover it up and shot away.

With soccer finished I will now have my weekends again, or at least until I'm asked to shoot something else.

These first shots are U11 boys. For these I used my 300 f/2.8 for the first half and then during the second half I added my 1.4x converter. My settings were f/2.8, ISO 800, and a shutter higher than 1/1000.




These next shots are U16 Girls. For these I used my f/2.8 and 1.4x converter for the full game. Settings were AV mode at f/2.8, ISO 200, and a shutter of 1/3200 +.






No comments: