About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Game two for Hughes - Flag Football

Got off work just in time to shoot this flag football game for Hughes. My obligation with the school is to shoot at least two games per each sports season and now that I've gotten the two games of flag football I can now focus my attention on the volleyball team.

Nothing real exciting to share but I did end up with a few shots that I'm happy with.


This next shot shows why you should be ready at all times when photographing sports. To most people this shot will look like a pass that may or maynot be caught, but in fact it's an on-side kick that bounced right to this player.


These next two shots are my favorites but are not techniquly correct. In both shots I captured the player in blue diving for the other player's flag and in this first one you can see the flag in his hand as he falls to the ground. Nice shot, but there a problem, no faces. These would have been so much better if they were running towards me when this happened, but we can't always choise where the action is going to go.

2 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

Do you ever rest?

I don't mind that you can't see the faces in the last two.

The Youngest is going to be starting flag football at the end of the month, so I can continue practing my sports photography skills. Yay!

Jim, "Homer" said...

Not really, I can really be busy at times, but it's all my fault. i love shooting action that when I'm not I feel as if something is missing.

You better watch it Lisa, it sounds like you might be coming over to the dark side of sports action.

Can't wait to see some flag football shots of your boy. No reason why the husband should be having all the fun.