About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Varsity vs Millikan

Well this was expected to be a tough game for the varsity squad and did start out that way with Millikan having the lead by the end of the third quarter, but the varsity came back hard and won the game.


I again shot this game with my camera set to manual at f/2.8, ISO 1600, and a shutter of 1/400. I recently bought a Quantum Turbo 2x2 battery pack in hopes that it would give the flexibility to shoot in continuous mode with the flash, I was wrong. With the battery pack attached the flash still only fired every other picture. I hope I was just using it wrong because I just can't see paying $600 + dollars on a battery pack that really won't do better than the flash itself. I do some reading and hopefully things will improve. So here are the shots. This first one was taken during the teams warm-up.






1 comment:

Lisa Walsh said...

Ooo, sorry to hear the battery pack didn't perform as well as you'd hoped. I had no idea they were that expensive!