About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Men's Rugby

One of my fellow bloggers (Lisa-Walsh) posted some rugby shots awhile back, which inspired me to go out and find a rugby team to shoot.

Long Beach State's Rugby Team were playing their game when I got to the field, so I shot a half of their game then shot the full Belmont Shores game.


Long Beach State Rugby



Belmont Shores Men's Rugby


The game following Long Beach State's game was the Belmont Shores Men's Team. I was able to shot the entire game and get some good action. Don't really know what their doing, but I do have a better understanding of where to be for some nice shots.

Here are some shots of the Belmont Shores Men's Team.













2 comments:

Al Quackenbush said...

Wow, Jim. Great shots! As a former rugger I am impressed. As a photographer I am even more impressed. After looking at your shots and mine yours have such great clarity. Were you shooting with a 400mm 2.8? I am curious as to what your set up was. I am green with envy right now. My wife and I went through your photos and although I like the color in my camera and I like my lenses, I am very much wishing I had better glass. Great stuff and I can't wait to get an opportunity to shoot with you.

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks a lot Al, I appreciate that. I was using my 300 f/2.8L IS lens. I just love that lens and could use it for everything.