About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Surfing at Seal Beach

Received a call Monday evening from my sister telling me about the high surf Seal Beach was having. She told me they had to close both Seal Beach and Huntington Beach piers due to the high surf and it was expected to last through Tuesday. Unfortunately I wasn't off until Wednesday. Now I've been wanting to hit the beach on my day off during the week but the weather hasn't been the greatest. So with the nice warm days we've been having and the high surf warnings I went to Seal Beach to see if I could catch any surf action. There were plenty of surfers there but the waves were really lacking. Since I was there armed with the "Beast", my 300 f/2.8L lens and 1.4x converter, I decided to get some shots any ways.

Even though there wasn't much action, I did enjoy being out there watching and shooting the surfers. Most of them were young and appeared to be students of a surfing class.

A little mishap between these two. No one was hurt.


This guy would often hang five or ten while surfing.



While I was shooting the action I saw this guy come up. Now he doesn't really fit the look of a surfer, buy hey, he was working it and doing pretty good. A hell of a lot better then I could ever do. So way to go.



4 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

I'm so jealous!!! I want to live by the ocean!

Love these.

kymberli q. said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, Jim. I love this post. It is so cool! Too bad you don't know that guy - I bet he would love those images!

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks for the comment. Occasionally I will pass out cards when I'm out shooting, but for this day the waves were pretty small and I was just out to shoot and enjoy the morning.

Anonymous said...

hey, so, yeah, like I said,..i want that one on my wall,...with the caption,...

"life sucks, but you can still surf"