About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bummed

I am so bummed. Last Wednesday I went to Canon Cooporation in Irvine and dropped off my MK IIn for a well needed cleaning. Well it's been a week and still no camera. Yesterday I missed shooting some action of from the Lakewood football passing league they had and unless I get my camera back tomorrow I will miss a LAPD vs Sheriffis soccer game on Saturday.

So when I don't have a camera I tend to go through older pictures and play with them. So below you will find some of my fecent favorites with a slight play. I used a couple of Lucis Arts effects to get this look.

If you come by and check out this post, please leave a comment and tell me what you think. I like trying different things and want to hear what people think. Some things just jump out at you and slap you in the face while others are an aquired taste. These might be the later.














5 comments:

Denise Marie Olson said...

Homer, I think you are doing a fantastic job with this effect!!! What I like most is that you perform this effect on individual photos....outstanding.
-denise:)

Ken said...

Jim I think some of these would make excellent art prints. I think that you have more opportunities than you normally consider ;) I love the Baseball and high jump especially. You might even be able to sell some of these as stock without model releases.

Hold onto these. Some of the teams might buy them after the students graduate. Then they will symbolize the school and the sport rather than an individual. Did that make sense? lol

Ken

Al Quackenbush said...

I have to agree, Jim. There are some real keepers here. Great effects and I would definitely print a few. I'd be willing to bet that some of these guys would buy some of these prints. Very, very cool!!

Lisa Walsh said...

You know, I don't "do" much to my images, but I find myself intrigued by this program. I've seen people overdo it and you certainly didn't. I think you've got just the "right" amount going on here. These are really tastefully done!

(That shot of the long jump was amazing. I hadn't seen that one before!)

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

i'm really diggin em. especially the surf shots! they look killer!!!