About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Gymnastic Practice

I have taken pictures of all of my niece's and nephew's in action doing their own special activities. That is except for this young lady. She has taken gymnastics for a few years now and I have not taken any quality shots of her doing this. I have attended one gymnastic event but was not happy with the pictures I ended up with. I knew my sister wanted some shots of her so I finally managed to get to their studio during a practice session to take some shots. I did try to use off camera flash with a soft box but was just not happy with the results and since I was limited in the amount of time I could spend there I decided to just increase the ISO and shoot with available light.
Thanks for letting me come out sis and I hope you and Ashley like what I ended up with.












Ashley is no different than any other kid and likes to have fun. These two pictures will show her lighter side.




Something a bit different. I wasn't too happy with how my lighting was working so I darkened the shadows in this one for something different. Not sure if I like it or not.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you, thank you, thank you,...and,...WHEN can we do this again?!?!??!?! my faves are 1,2,3, with #4 being nice as well. #5 is cool...just her expression looks off. It doesn't look like "her", so, its her, not you. Still like the shot. And love the candids, that's definitely her. Now the last shot,....wow,...i love the effect, actually! But to be honest, I wish you had caught her off guard somehow ( you know how my mind works,..derrrrr!). I love this effect. Hope you'll use it again. Thank you. These are great shots, thanks to you. I can't wait to try this all again.

Lisa Walsh said...

Outstanding detail in her outfit, Jim! She'll love these for sure!