About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Police Soccer

My camera is back and I'm back in action, or should I say I'm back capturing the action. One of my ex-partners on the force is the coach for the Los Angeles Police Department's Soccer team and this last Saturday they had a game against the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Soccer team.

I know it was just a little more than a week with not having a camera, but it sure was nice to be outside shooting some action again. So here are some of my favorites from the game. The LAPD is in blue.

All of these were shot in aperture priority at f/4.0 with an ISO of either 100 or 200. I did have my 1.4 converter on, which is why my aperture was at f/4.0 instead of f/2.8. To view all of the pictures from this game just click on the above heading "Police Soccer"






Just a little bit of holding










What is a soccer game without a few shots of the goalie, unfortunately all of the good jump shots were away from me, but when photographing sports you deal with what's presented to you.




1 comment:

Al Quackenbush said...

Jim, nice job of capturing the action. I like your comment about how you have to deal with things as a sports photographer. I still think you did well with what you had. The holding shot is one of my favs. So is the shot of the guy heading the ball with the goalie in the background. I like that because it give you a sense of depth on the field. The 2nd shot is cool because of the grass ripping up at their shoes. Nicely done.