About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Lakewood Freshmen Football vs Cabrillo

Click on the above title to view and order pictures.

Our freshmen team played their second season game against Cabrillo at home. Our boys came out ready to play and scored quickly in the first. They continued to play hard scoring a second touchdown going into half time with a 12-0 lead. During the second half Cabrillo came back with a strong defense and moved the ball well to score their first touchdown in the third quarter and instead of going for a field goal they went for two making the score 12-8. It almost appeared that Lakewood was giving up but they rellied in the fourth quarter and with a couple of key interceptions scored another touchdown winning the game 18-8.


I shot this game with the beast (300 f/2.8) on aperture priority at f/2.8. The ISO was 100-200 giving me a shutter speed of 1/3200 to 1/6000.

"Now for some action"






Here's a nice straight arm being thrown by the Quarterback.



This player stood about chest height to most of the players. He was a little guy and I'm sure he doesn't get much game time, but he did get in for a quick bit of action during this game. So I had to take a couple of shots of him. Way to get out there and play "Big Guy"



"Missed it by that much"


"Play Time"

No comments: