About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Torrance JV Football vs Lawndale

Since Lakewood had a by this week I decided to get out to my nephew's football game to get more action of him. This game didn't start until 5pm, which meant that it would go into the night and under the lights. I anticipated this and brought my flash and battery pack, but I forgot my flash extender. So I made do with what I had and just changed my settings as the sun went down and the lights came on.

You will notice that my nephew has a cast on his right arm. During his last game he brought his thumb. The family was unsure he could play, but after talking to their doctor he got the O.K. to play.




I did manage to take a few actions shot of the game when not capturing my nephew in action.



Well, since the game started at 5pm I had to deal with the lights. I was prepared for this, at least somewhat. I did bring my flash (580ex), but forgot to bring my new flash extender. I was able to grab a few shots of my nephew under the lights.

I just liked the way this shot looked when looking through my view finder.


No comments: