About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Lakewood Freshmen vs Poly

If you would like to view or order pictures from this game, just click on the above title.



This was a very tough game for our freshmen boys. They have had a very rough pre-season, losing all four of their games and their season opener was against the #1 ranked school in our the Moore League, and that was Poly. Poly came ready to play some serious football and didn't let up throughout the game. On the other hand it appeared that our boys weren't ready for the level of football Poly brought and seem to have thrown in the towel early. The final score was
0 - 36
Although my son no longer plays football at Lakewood, well at least not this year, I am loyal to their team and try to capture them in action, but this was a rough game to do that. Lakewood had problems running and passing the ball so there wasn't too many opportunities for me to capture them in action. Since I don't make much money selling pictures to the players / parents of the freshmen team I did shoot Poly as well.
With that said I will start by showing some shots of the Poly boys in action.







Here are a few shots of the Lakewood boys in action.


We had somewhat of a celebrity at our freshmen game today. None other than "Snoop Dog" himself was there. From what I understand, he has a son playing on the Poly freshmen team and he was present to watch he boy play. Way to go dad. He is the one in yellow and the big guy standing to his right (our left) is his bodyguard. Looks pretty big and scary from here.

No comments: