About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Monday, November 5, 2007

A day of Championship Games

Last year I was asked to shoot all of the Long Beach Middle School Championship games for their various sports, which include flag football, volleyball, soccer, basketball, and track. I don't do this for the money because the Athletic Director I'm dealing with has no budget but I do make sales to the parents of the players.

This last Saturday I spend the entire day at Wilson High School shooting four games. I started out at 9am shooting the Div II Flag Football Championship game, then at 11am with the Div I Flag Football Championship game, which was followed at 1pm with the Div II Volleyball Championship game, and ending at 3pm with the Div I Volleyball Championship game.

I did make a few contacts and passed out some cards, so hopefully I'll make a little bit on money for my time.

For both flag football games I used my 300 f/2.8L lens. Now during most of the first game the sky was overcast with a little bit of high fog, so during the first game I started with an ISO of 800 and brought it back down to 100 as the day progressed.

For the volleyball games I started with the 70-200 f/2.8L lens and stood along the side where the players sit. When along the side I pretty much stayed just off center so I can focus my attention on one team. I also took some shots from the balcony and along one of the far end walls. When at these two positions I used the 300 f/2.8. For all four games I keep my aperture at f/2.8 to isolate the athlete from the background.

Div II Flag Football / Hill Huskies vs Lindsey Falcons



Div I Flag Football / Hughes Owls vs Lindbergh Eagles





Div II Volleyball / Powell Eagles vs Monroe Tigers







Div I Volleyball / Stanford Hawks vs Bancroft




No comments: