About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Middle School Girls Basketball - Game 2

Well I shot my second game of middle school basketball this last Wednesday night. Not one of my better nights of shooting. First let me tell you my settings. I shot on manual mode at f/2.8, ISO 3200, shutter of 1/400, and flashed bounced off the ceiling. They say hindsight is 20 / 20, well looking at my pictures I should have set my shutter speed to 1/320 to give me a bit more light and better expose the picture. This would have lessened my noise. I also didn't get the quality action that I would have like to.

I won't be shooting another middle school girls basketball game until the championship games on Jan 12th, 2008. Not sure if I'll get out to any of our girls varsity games. I just don't have the desire to shoot basketball as I do most other sports.

Here are just a couple of shots from the game.


No comments: