About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

First basketball of the season

My first basketball of the season. Most of my basketball photography is at the middle school level and their season is broken up into two different seasons. During the first part of the season, there's girls basketball and boys track, during the second part of the season there's boys basketball and girls track. Of course there's the championship games that will be played at the end of each season. I will more than like only shoot two season games for the boys and girls and then the championship games. Not sure if I will get out there for some high school shooting, it's all a matter of time as I will have high school girls soccer soon.

All of these shots were in manual with my 70-200 f/2.8L IS lens. My settings were ISO 3200, f/2.8, and either 1/500 or 1/400. I also used my flash, which was reflected off the ceiling, at full power. The gym I was shooting at has only about 2 to 3 feet between the court and perimeter walls, making things rather tight when the action got close.




2 comments:

gidget_girrrl said...

yeah,...like i said in the email,..shot #3 is a keeper for sure! I like seeing them in the moment, intense,...no holds barred,..playing "their" game,.... good shot,.....

Anonymous said...

im doing a report on them I need some information. send it to Beatiful_xoxo@yahoo.com