About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, November 9, 2007

The "End" of football season

Our Jr. Varsity and Freshmen teams had their last game this last Thursday. Since my son wasn't playing this last game I decided to attend and shoot the freshmen's last game against Compton. Prior to this game Compton was 8-1 while our freshmen team were 9-0. This freshmen team has played very good this season and this game was no different with them winning 35-0, giving them the Moore League Champs.

On a side-note our Jr. Varsity team also won 35-26, giving them a record this season of 9-1. Our only lost being against Poly.

Due to the time change and a very dark overcast sky I really had to push my ISO up. I started the game shooting at ISO 800 and ended with it being at 1600. My camera was set on aperture priority at f/2.8. I was able to keep my shutter at 1/2000 and above until the last quarter when it started slowing down fast. I ended the game shooting on manual mode at f/2.8 and 1/640.

When shooting games in these conditions don't be afraid to increase your ISO to give you a decent shutter speed. As long as you have a decent noise reduction program then you shouldn't have any problems. I currently use Noiseware and am very happy with it.








No comments: