About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Girls Volleyball - CIF Semi Finals

Volleyball is officially over for the season. Last night our girls played against Redondo Union High School in the CIF Semi-Finals at Redondo, who were last year CIF champions. Our girls just didn't play like their capable of playing. There were just too many mistakes and errors.

I had to shoot these games from the stands, as I was told I couldn't be on the floor during the games due to insurance, so I made do with what I had to work with. I just moved around to get the angle I wanted.

Believe it or not I shot all of these at ISO 3200. My camera was set on manual at f/2.8 and a shutter of 1/400. You can always learn something new and I'm finding that if I get me exposure right then I can shoot at a higher ISO with minimal noise.


















3 comments:

Lisa Walsh said...

AWESOME volleyball shots, Jim!

Jim, "Homer" said...

Thanks so much Lisa and thanks for coming by and taking a look.

gidget_girrrl said...

shot #9 ,... seen her before in another shot posted somewhere further down your blog...she has a "look" so to speak, she really does, and shots of her almost always come out good, i bet,...so needless to say, i like this one,.. infact, i like that i can't see all of her face,... its good,...