About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lakewood JV Football vs Peninsula

This is week two of football for me and started with the Jr. Varsity on Thursday. This was their second pre-season game and they played against Peninsula at home. Lakewood kicked some serious butt this game and provided me with some great action.

Before the game started I took some time to take some warm-up shots of the receivers. I usually don't take too many of them during the game and this gives me the opportunity to capture them in action.






Here's the action. I used two cameras on this game. The first set up was my Mark IIn with the 300 f/2.8L, which I added my 1.4x to for some added range and the second set up I used my new 40D with my 70-200 f/2.8L. I was kneeling for all of these shots and loved the perspective it game me.









Normally I don't think I would have posted this shot, but after taking a closer look you can see that the player in red is just about to lose his helmet. Now his helmet doesn't ever come off fully but looking at this shot you may not know that.


Every once in awhile you get a shot that just want you to play. This doesn't have the action but it does have the depth and a nice look to it. So I decided to run it through LucisArts for a little fun.


2 comments:

Terri Paulson-Sasaki said...

Great job. I love them all. I love the effect on the last one.

Lisa Walsh said...

Good stuff! I liked the first few images of the ball catching. I'm also digging your Lucasart stuff!