About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lakewood Freshmen vs Crenshaw

Today was a double header for football. First there was the freshmen at 3pm and this was followed by the varsity, which you will see in the post below this one, at 7pm. It's been a year and I have looked forward to this since the season finished last year.


This first shot was taken while the team was warming up. The quarterback was just running through pass plays as I captured this shot.

*Note* To view and purchase pictures from this game just click on the above post title.




Just a nice capture of the team running through the banner prior to game start.




Below are some of my favorite shots from the freshmen game.










Our team was down one TD (touch down) with only 11 seconds left in the game. That meant pass, which was intercepted by the visiting team and ran in for a touch down clenching the win. Here is the interception that sealed our teams fate.

2 comments:

EasyDigitals.com said...

Homer,
These are great shots. I love your timing on on them!

Terri Paulson-Sasaki said...

I love these shots and you site. I know that I will be spending a lot of time looking at everything. I am very new to taking sports pictures, I have a lot to learn. I need to study your football tips, thanks for sharing them. My son graduated last year, but I am still able to be on the field. It is a little hard being there without him, but the boys make me feel very welcome. They call me their team mom. I am in Corona so we are pretty close. I love that collage poster you did for your son. Wonderful. Thank you.