About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Long Beach Middle School Division I Volleyball Championships

Stanford Hawks vs Hughes Owls

To view and order pictures from this event, just click on the post heading.

These games marked the end of a very long day. Both of these two teams played outstandning. They play the best of 5-games for the championships and they tood advantage of each and every game. Very exciting to watch, let alone capture the action. I often found myself watching and thinking to myself "That would have made a great picture", and here I am with two camera. You just got to love the action, I know I do.

This first set of shots were taken from center court behind the score keepers. This position gave me great flexability to shoot either team during play.

All of these were shot with my 300 f/2.8. I also shot with my 70-200 f/2.8, which was on my Canon 40D and will add those to this post when finished with my editing.




This last set of pictures were taken from the far end of the court. I just came from the balcony where I wasn't happy with the shots I was getting there, so I decided to shoot from this angle to capture some spikes and blocks at the top of the net. I also was hoping for some individual player shots as the last two show.





No comments: