About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Long Beach Middle School Division II Volleyball Championships

Cubberley Cubs vs Powell Eagles

To view and order pictures from this event, just click on the post heading.

This was the first of two championship volleball games, although that is a bit misleading. With volleyball the schools usually play the best of three games, but with the championship games they play the best of 5-games. These two teams were playing for the Division II champs.

There wasn't much action with these two teams. Neither team really attempted to spike the ball and there weren't really any plays at the top of the net. This left only the action on the floor to shoot. I did have both of my cameras with me. My Canon Mark IIn had my 300 f/2.8, while my Canon 40D had the 70-200 f/2.8

All of these shots were taken with the 300 and from center court behind the score keepers. I did take some shots with the 70-200 and will add those once I'm done editing them.




No comments: