About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, September 7, 2007

Lakewood Jr. Varsity vs Tesoro

Last night my son had his second preseason game. They played against Tesoro at Tesoro High School in Rancho Santa Margarita. The game was scheduled to start at 3pm but didn't start until 4pm.

Now I can't post any pictures yet but hope to post some by this Saturday. I took a little more than 800 pictures during the game and will more than likely keep a bit more the 600 of them. Now about the game.

This was a tough one for our boys. John started as right offensive tackle and seems to have had a rough time with Tesoro's defensive end, who was quick, but John hung in there and did his job. That's all you can ask from your team.

We started the game receiving the kick off but couldn't do anything with it. Tesoro's defence was tough and stopped our offensive. We then punted the ball and Tesoro drove it in for their fist and only touch down followed with a field goal. For the remaining first quarter, second & third quarter that's where the scored stay. Our defence was doing a good job stopping Tesoro's offensive but our offence just couldn't move the ball. We did make a great drive at the end of the second quarter but just couldn't put it in the end zone before halftime.

So now were in the forth quarter with us being down 0-7. Tesoro has the ball and our defensive does a great job keeping them from moving the ball, resulting in a punt. Tesoro punts the ball and stops it on our one yard line, so here we are with about 8 minutes left in the game staring on our one yard line. First play Tesoro is drawn off-sides giving us a little space to work. We then preceed to drive the ball to Tesoro's 15 yard line and now have just a little more than a minute left. We run a little corner pass with one of our receiver's, who is pretty tall, to the corner of the end zone and score a touch down. Now our school is know to go for it and we did. We went for the two point conversion instead of a field goal. The two point conversion is good and now were winning 8-7. We kick the ball off and Tesoro now has the ball on their 40 with about 21 seconds left in the game. Our defence stops them with some great defensive plays giving us the win.

So this was a great game to watch. Now I spent more time taking pictures of my son John this game and not as many shots of the other players. So keep checking to see some shots of my boy soon.

No comments: