About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Lakewood Volleyball

Since my son has been attending Lakewood High School I've been photographying a lot of their sports, including football / softball / wrestling / and soccer. Well now I get to add volleyball to that list. The coach of the girls varsity volleyball team saw the work I did for the boys and girls varsity soccer team consisting of my action shots and the DVD slideshow I put together and asked if I would do the same for the girls varsity volleyball team. I really wanted to do this but the girls volleyball and football run at the same time, although the volleyball teams has twice as many games in the same period of time.


I contacted the coach and worked out a schedule of possible game I could make starting with a tournament at Mater Dai High School in Santa Ana this last Tuesday. There was three schools there and each team played three games against each school. I was able to get some shots of the Jr. Varsity team and the varsity team.


All of these shots were taken with the 300 f/2.8 lens. I was only allowed to stand at either end of the court and wanted to get the range the 300 provides. My camera (Canon MK IIn) was set at aperture priority f/2.8 with an ISO of 1600 to give me the speed I wanted.










1 comment:

gidget_girrrl said...

love the last one,...the expression, the look of the girl is great,.... intense yet, hopeful, yeah?....yes,.....