About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Lakewood Girls Varsity Volleyball at Gahr High

Today I was able to get out and shoot some volleyball. The Lakewood Girls Varsity Team have been playing in a tournament over the last few days and today was their last game. The game didn't start until 5:30pm so as soon as I got off work I went home, got my gear, and drove to Gahr High School. This was my first time shooting at Gahr H.S. and boy was I dissapointed. The lighting in the gym was terrible, one of the worst I've seen. I had to push my ISO to 3200 and shot manual at 1/400. This did make my pictures a bit dark but I needed the shutter speed to stop the action better.



I wasn't getting the action I wanted so I tried a few different shots. When you can't get the action you have to rely on the simple portrait type shots, but of course I had to add one action shot.



No comments: