About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, September 9, 2007

John in action vs Tesoro

Now for some shots of my favorite player, my son, during the Tesoro game.



A little background on the next couple of pictures. Lakewood's colors are Red & White, but last year they got a new head coach, "Coach Mac". Well this year he decided to get some new uniforms and as you can see below they are black. Now I really like these new uniforms but have heard that the alumni are really going to have some issues with these because they go against tradition. Well my son was told he was going to have to suit up for the varsity game. Now the chances of him playing were very slim but you just never know. Any 2nd / 3rd string player is just an injury away from playing.

His number for JV is 53 and he was lucky enough to get that number for the varsity game, so he is the first player to wear that uniform and number for the varsity squad. Not all that important but it means a great deal to me, as that was my high school number and he asked for it without any input from me. I'm just an excited dad.

3 comments:

gidget_girrrl said...

wow,..so the one in the black uniform all by himself,....he resembles someone else in the mighty red and black attack,....back in da '80's.....nice pic,...........

gidget_girrrl said...

GO #53!!!!...RED AND BLACK ATTACK!!! WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!

Jim, "Homer" said...

Yeah, but he's much better looking than the guy from the 80's. I do like these new uniforms a lot.