About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sports, Sports, Sports, and Sports "Part II"

As stated before I had a lot of pictures to go through. I'll start with our JV football pictures. These are from our game against Poly at Lakewood High.








Now for some shots of my son in action. Poly was a tough team to play and the pictures show it.







Here is a shot of my son recovering a fumble, he is the top player in red.



On Friday after work I went to Lakewood High to shoot the Girls Varsity Volleyball team as they played a team from Australia. Here are a few shots from those games.


After takeing some shots of the girls volleyball game I rushed to vet's stadium to shoot the varstiy football game against Poly. Both our JV and varsity teams lost against Poly, but our freshmen team won. Here are some shots from the varsity game.




And finally on Saturday I shot a couple of soccer games for a local league. I shot a U12 Girls team and an U15 Boys team.




I did say there were a lot of pictures, didn't I. In closing this post I want to end with a different type of sports shot. While taking shots of the last soccer game on Saturday I was standing at one end of the field while the action was at the other end. While there waiting for the action to return to my side I looked at the goalie, who was just standing there looking at all the action taking place and I thought how lonely he must be at this time. Just standing there waiting for the action to come his way and hoping he'll be ready. So I composed this shot and rather like it.

2 comments:

Amy Benzenhafer said...

Jim, the image of the goalie jumping for the save is awesome. Love seeing your shots.

Lisa Walsh said...

Wow, you've been busy!

I like the last shot. Way to change it up a bit!