About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The end to a busy week

This last week was a busy one with a lot of pictures being taken. It all started with our JV football game on Thursday, "Lakewood vs Mayfair". Pictures have already been posted below from the game. On Friday I left work early to shoot a girls varsity volleyball game at Lakewood High School. I was able to shoot 3 of the 5 games before I had to leave for the varsity football game, which was being played at Belflower High School. I went to the school early to shoot some warm up shots and then the game. Again, pictures from this game have already been posted below.


Now for the busy part. While shooting the JV game on Thursday I was appraoched by a father of one of the JV players and asked if would shoot a soccer league he's involved in and put together a DVD slideshow for their banquet. He continued saying they played on Saturday and Sunday's and that there were four games on Saturday. Well, you should know me by now and know that I was going to shoot the soccer league either way.


So Saturday I get up early after a late night with varsity football and some celebration to shoot four youth soccer games. Started at 9am and ended at 3pm. Now I said that the games were over at 3pm but I wasn't done yet. Some friends of the family had a soccer game with their 8 year old son, so I went to the game which started at 3:15pm to take some action shots of him.


I've said it many times on a couple of forums that for me it's not about the money. Yes I want to make some money so that I can buy better gear and equipment, but for me the whole enjoyment and what really gets me excited is seeing the expression on parents faces when they see the pictures, so here are some pictures from the soccer games. Enjoy!


No comments: