About Me

My photo
Long Beach, California, United States
Welcome to my blog. Looking through my posts you will find that I love and have a passion for photography and although my expertise so to speak is in Sports Action, I have been getting into wildlife and senior portraits. No matter what I'm shooting I want to bring my client the best possible shot I can and give them / you a photograph that you will cherish for a lifetime. If your looking for someone to capture your child in action, to show the intensity and emotion in which your child plays, look no further. Just drop me a line (e-mail) at homerkenpo@aol.com. I cover most areas in Southern Califoria.

Friday, September 28, 2007

"Sports, sports, sports, and sports"

I'm going to write about this week / weekend now since I will be too busy to do so later.

First, our JV team had their anticipated game against Poly last yesterday afternoon. I'll say it now, we lost and lost big, 0-19. Not that Poly is the only tough team we will play this season, but they are the team to beat as they have the biggest attitudes. I'd have to say that even though we lost our defense did a great job. The three touch downs were scored on three big plays by Poly, but all-in-all our defense stopped them hard. It was our offense that couldn't get anything started. We did have a couple of opportunities but failed to do anything with it. Our quarterback couldn't complete a pass to save his life and our running just wasn't there.

Now some news about my son, who I'm very proud of and who played a good game. The Tuesday before our game my son heard that the kid playing in his position on second string varsity was coming down to JV to start over him. We were dissapointed and upset to here this as my son has started in the first four games and hasn't been told that he's not doing his job on offense. Well on Wednesday my son spoke to the coach and was told that he was going to start and then the other kid would play the second series. The one who does the best would get more game time. My son also asked if could move over to the other side if they weren't doing their job, which the coach agreed to.

My son did start the game and played the first series and then the other kids played. Soon after my son was moved to the left side taking that starting position. I know they lost the game, but I told my son that the coaches think highly of him in that they put him over the starter on the opposite side. My son ended up playing both sides throughout the game.

How busy am I, well right after work today I am going to rush to Lakewood High School to shoot the girls varsity volleyball team as they play a team from Austriala. I try to shoot a few games before leaving and going to the varsity football against Poly at Long Beach Vet's stadium. On Saturday I have at least two soccer games to shoot and then on Sunday my niece has a gymnastic competition that I want to shoot. I haven't taken any action shots of her and wanted to get to at least one event to get some shots for my sister.

With all this activity I will have a lot of pictures to post, so stand-by. I did finish going through the JV football pictures but haven't been able to save them to jpeg format and post

No comments: